- Fields of Athenry Farm Fresh Turkey
- 3 Onions
- Amish Butter – Salted Room Temp (FOA Shop),
- Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano
- Rosemary Sprigs (or Thyme),
- Pink Salt
- 2 Lemons
- Preheat oven 500˚.
- Place ½ C butter in bowl & add 1T each of Thyme, Rosemary & Oregano. Add 1tsp. of Pink Salt to taste. Mash ingredients together to make a paste.
- Loosen skin on breast & slather the butter around the bird under the skin.
- Peel & quarter 3 onions, place inside & around the turkey.
- Slice both lemons. Place slices down the breast & remainder in the cavity.
- Add Rosemary Sprigs or Thyme on top of bird.
- Place bird in oven for 10 minutes at 500˚ then turn down to 350˚.
- Roast bird according to weight at 6-10 min/pound (Internal temp. 140˚-150˚). Our birds cook much faster than a typical store bought bird.
- Keep an eye on him and enjoy!